Saturday, January 28, 2012

Precious, Based on the Novel Push By Sapphire



Kate: So Precious, Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire was always a movie that intrigued me, but I wasn't really looking forward to watching it because I knew it would be dark. Now, while it was a dark movie, it wasn't as dark as my mind built it up to be. It made me very thankful for my mother and where I grew up. The biggest problem I had with this movie was that the actress  playing Precious wouldn't open her mouth when she was talking. There were many parts that she mumbled so much, I couldn't understand a word she was saying. While definitely not a feel good movie overall, I think everyone should watch it at least once. I'm also interested in reading the book, usually I do that before watching the movie.

Emilee: I expected this movie, Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire, to be disturbing and dark. It definitely was disturbing and dark, but not as extreme as I thought it would be. I have to agree with Kate, I do wish that the actors enunciated a little more clearly. I missed some lines that I hope were not important! It did make me grateful for where I grew up and the opportunities I have had in my life.

Do we recommend it?
Kate: Yes
Emilee: Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment