Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Graduate

Kate: So the only thing I knew of The Graduate was the scenes it showed in 500 Days of Summer, but even then I had to look up what movie it was. 500 Days of Summer is my all time favorite movie, to do it justice I had to watch this. Overall, I liked the movie. The plot was a little odd, I thought the acting was just okay, the music got stuck in my head for the rest of the night.

Emilee: I was so ready to watch The Graduate and understand the hype about it: all the Simon & Garfunkel songs written specifically for the movie, the (500) Days of Summer references, and all the Mrs. Robinson-inspired cougars out there. I really liked it, even though it was nothing like I expected. Watching this movie actually did increase my understanding of (500) Days of Summer, and that is all the reason I needed to watch it. Hopefully we didn't totally misread the plot like Tom did.

Do we recommend it?
Kate: Yes
Emilee: Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment