Saturday, January 28, 2012

Misery

Kate: I HATE SCARY MOVIES. But this wasn't scary... this is a thriller... and I suppose I like thrillers... the point is this movie was pretty terrifying. Lots of screaming at Paul to GTFO, lots of burying my face in my pillow pet and squealing. Spoiler Alert: When Paul was crawling away after Annie's face smashed into the typewriter and you assume she's dead, I said "Do you think she's actually dead?" and as soon as I finished that sentence, she attacked him and Emilee and I screamed! Cons, it's definitely not the scariest movie ever, but still quite frightening. The special effects were pretty poor- anything to do with blood was either orange or purple! One of my biggest problems with this movie was when she pulled him out of the car and proceeded to give him CPR. He wasn't drowning, he didn't choke! He had just gotten in a car accident! It was obvious CPR was not needed!! But I must say that her house was absolutely adorable... on the outside of course.

Emilee: AHHHH! Kathy Bates is terrifying in this movie! I really don't do scary movies either, which is why we watched this one in the early afternoon when it was light out. We spent a lot of the movie telling Paul to move faster and get back to his room! There was a lot of screaming. Extreme fandom can be fatal... And that pig, that pig... I will never look at pigs the same way again.
Also: "We're having a Kathy Bates  movie marathon, but not Misery, do you want to come? Oh, he hung up."

Do we recommend it?
Kate: Yes, but just once and with people.
Emilee: You should see it, but if you are easily scared, like us, watch it during the day!

Drinking game idea we had: drink whenever he shoves something down his pants. You'll be surprised at how often that happens!!

No comments:

Post a Comment